Affordable Online MA in Learning, Design and Technology
Achieve Your Goals with Learning, Design and Technology Master’s Degree Online
Popularity of remote learning and professional development has gained momentum in recent years and is expected to continue to grow. With that comes the need for expertly trained specialists in technology-rich learning environments. Point Park University’s Master of Arts in Learning, Design and Technology will prepare you for success in this growing field. Graduates take on instructional design, technology and leadership, and teaching roles in public, private, non-profit and corporate settings including higher education, healthcare, banking and training.
What to Expect from our Master’s Degree in Learning, Design and Technology:
- Personalized education experience.
- Field work and practicum experience that will expand your professional toolbox.
- Skills-based curriculum designed by practitioners based on research, best practices and standards.
- A fully online, 30-credit-hour program that offers busy adults the flexibility they need.
- 18 months within a supportive cohort model.
- Eight-week sessions with two courses of focus per semester.
- Career advancement opportunities in a growing field with high demand for quality specialists.
- By taking one additional course, students can earn the Instructional Technology Specialist Certificate.
MA in Learning Design and Technology Curriculum Overview
As a graduate of the Learning, Design and Technology program online you’ll be prepared to integrate technology into lessons, facilitate learner-centered activities, lead human resource trainings and develop interactive professional development programs. You’ll master these concepts through fully online, cohort-based coursework designed with flexibility and experiential principals in mind.
Choose to take one additional course, and you’ll have the ability to earn the Instructional Technology Specialist Certificate to compliment your master’s degree. Contact an enrollment counselor to take advantage of this additional credentialing opportunity.
Point Park University offers robust Prior Learning Assessment and Advanced Standing/Experiential Learning Credit opportunities. Students can transfer credits from qualifying experiences including other college institutions, College Level Examination Program (CLEP), DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST exams) or UEXCEL exams, Advanced Placement (AP) credit and experiential learning assessment portfolio submissions.
Experiential learning credits are not considered current coursework for financial aid, and their applicability will vary by graduate degree program. In addition, experiential learning credits through portfolio submissions are capped at 18 credits.
Contact an enrollment counselor to learn more.
|Est. Program Length:||18 Months|
|Credit Hours:||30 Hours|
|Course Length:||8 Weeks|
|Cost Per Credit:||$567|
|Transfer Credits Accepted:||Up to 6|
Tell me more about Point Park University’s Online Master’s in Learning Design and Technology
- Online learning management processes
- Online course design and delivery best practices
- Analytic and technical knowledge
- Knowledge and familiarity with various technologies
- Leadership and program management
- Collaboration with diverse educators
- Professional development training
- Evidence-based decision making
- Planning and problem solving
- Communication with key stakeholders, both internal and external, in a variety of educational environments
Learn More, Earn More
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the higher your education level, the more you earn. Unemployment for those with a bachelor’s degree is also lower than for those without.
Bureau of Labor Statistics April 2021
M.A. in Learning, Design and Technology
Point Park University’s new Master of Arts in Learning, Design and Technology will prepare you for leadership, administration and management positions in the learning, design and technology fields. This innovative program is tailored for those who work and teach in public, private, non-profit, corporate and other technology-rich learning environments, including higher education, health care, banking and training settings.
Masters in Learning Design and Technology Career Outcomes
Advance your career in Pennsylvania and beyond with Point Park University’s LDT master’s degree. When you learn more, you earn more, and graduates of this program have multiple opportunities.
- Instructional Technology Administrator
- Instructional Design Manager
- Director of E-Learning
- E-Learning Manager
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Technologist
- Corporate Trainer
- Online Instructional Coach
- Digital Learning Support Specialist
- E-Learning Coordinator