Overview – Instructional Technology Specialist Certificate
Gain an Edge in the Increasingly Technology-Reliant Classroom
Point Park’s Instructional Technology Specialist Certification is a fully online, 15-credit program designed to prepare graduates for K-12 learning environments that require knowledge and competence in instructional technology in accordance with the specified standards of the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Sharpen your skills in:
- technology infrastructure
- curricular planning
- instructional design
- management and administration within a school district
- research and problem-solving for technological applications to improve student learning
Upon completion of the program, you will be prepared to design, facilitate, manage and evaluate digital instruction in online and hybrid learning settings, some of the fastest growing segments of education.
There is a projected need for teachers to know how to design and deliver content in alternative digital formats. Specialists need to know how to lead, manage and administer instructional technology for K-12 schools due to the changing landscape of K-12 education, particularly in the post-COVID educational landscape. The Instructional Technology Specialist Certification will prepare you for the future.
The Instructional Technology Specialist Certification program blends theory, research and direct application through practical hands-on learning within a variety of K-12 basic educational settings.
This program can be completed within one academic year. Courses will be offered in fall, spring and summer semesters. Each candidate will take six credits in the fall semester, six credits in the spring semester and three credits in the summer semester.
Courses in this 15-credit program include:
- Learning Technologies for Educators
- Instructional Methods for Digital Teaching and Learning
- Online Teaching: Design and Delivery
- Instructional Technology Administration and Management
- Practicum in K-12 schools in learning, design, and technology
Contact an enrollment counselor to learn more.
|Est. Program Length:||12 to 18 Months|
|Course Length:||8 Weeks|
|Cost Per Credit:||$550|
|Transfer Credits Accepted:||Up to 9|
As a graduate of the online learning, design and technology degree program, you will be prepared for a career in a growing field of opportunity. Graduates find success in jobs positions like:
- Instructional Technology Administrator
- Instructional Design Manager
- Director of E-Learning
- E-Learning Manager
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Technologist
- Online Instructional Coach
- Digital Learning Support Specialist
- E-Learning Coordinator