Online Programs Admission Process
At Point Park University, our goal is to make the application process as streamlined as possible. Each applicant works with a personal enrollment counselor who evaluates all transfer credits and looks through all financial aid options to help students make the most informed decision possible.
Applications are encouraged well in advance of each term.
Calculating Transfer Equivalencies
(for individual class transfer)
Point Park offers the tool below to help to determine credit transfer from other institutions. If you do not find the institution or course you are looking for, it does NOT mean that Point Park University does not accept credits from that institution or that the University does not transfer that course. The database below is not comprehensive; Point Park will be adding institutions and courses on an ongoing basis.
Please contact your admissions counselor for additional assistance.
Note: Courses equivalencies are subject to change.
How to Apply
- Complete the online application
- Submit official transcripts – Options
Option A: Click on the National Clearinghouse link and follow the directions to order your official transcripts
– If you are unable to find your school on the National Clearinghouse site, please continue with Option B
Option B: Click on the Parchment link and follow the directions to order your official transcripts
– If you are not able to find your school(s) on either National Clearinghouse or Parchment, please continue with Option C
Option C: If you have any issues with using Options A or B please click on the link to the Official Transcript Release Form PDF, input school information, (printed or digital) sign, scan and email to your enrollment advisor or call at (888) 950-9457.
The university reserves the right to require an interview or supplementary materials for any applicant and use these as a means for making an admission decision.
Undergraduate Admission Requirements
Degree admission requires a satisfactory transcript from either a high school or postsecondary institution. Transcripts from postsecondary institutions must include a minimum of 12 earned credits or six months of training. A cumulative minimum GPA of 2.0 is required. Students with a lower GPA may be considered for admission by the program director based on additional information in support of the application.
Advanced Standing/Experiential Learning Credit Requirements
In addition to credits that can be transferred from another institution, students may earn credits for their experiential learning. To receive these credits, students must submit one of the following for review:
- Learning assessment portfolio
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP), DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST exams) or UExcel© exam score
- Proof of Advanced Placement (AP) credit
Other sources of experiential learning may be considered for credit. These credits do not fulfill any of the minimum 30 credits that must be completed at Point Park University to graduate. Contact an enrollment counselor to learn more.
Graduate Admission Requirements
- Degree admission requires that applicants have completed a bachelor’s degree with a cumulative minimum GPA of 2.75. Applicants with a lower GPA may be considered for admission by the program director based on additional information in support of the application.
- Applicants must submit official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions attended.
- Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation from academic/professional references in a position to assess candidate’s potential for successful graduate study.
- Applicants must submit a current resume.
- Applicants must submit a 500-word statement of purpose addressing how professional experience and career goals relate to graduate study.