Nestled in the heart of Downtown Pittsburgh, Point Park University is a dynamic, urban, nonprofit university with a strong liberal arts tradition. Founded in 1960, Point Park enrolls nearly 4,000 full-time and part-time students in more than 100 undergraduate, master’s and doctoral programs.
As a student in one of Point Park’s online programs, you will benefit from small class sizes, convenient scheduling and affordable tuition while engaging in a career-focused education. You can boost your career while learning from professors who teach from their own real-world experience. You will have access to successful, working professionals and benefit from internship and job opportunities with leading companies and organizations.
Welcome to Point Park University. Welcome to our neighborhood.
Point Park University Mission
Point Park University educates students in a diverse urban environment and prepares graduates to apply knowledge to achieve their goals, advance their professions and serve their communities.
Point Park University Values
- Promoting academic excellence
- Focusing on student needs
- Fostering a community of mutual respect and diversity
- Encouraging innovation
- Ensuring integrity and ethics in our actions
- Responding to our stakeholders
- Facilitating civic engagement
At Point Park, we are committed to giving students an academic experience that meets each of these values. Point Park graduates are prepared for success in any future venture.
Point Park University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, 267-284-5000), and complies with all regulations of the Pennsylvania Department of Education. The University’s specialized program accreditations are listed below:
Programs leading to the following degrees are accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission (ABET, abet.org)
- Programs leading to a Bachelor of Science degree with majors in civil, electrical and mechanical engineering technology
Programs leading to the following degrees are accredited by the International Assembly of Collegiate Business Education (IACBE, iacbe.org):
- Master of Business Administration degree
- Bachelor of Science Post-Baccalaureate degree in Accounting, Business Management and Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, Business Management, Business, Economics and Finance, Human Resource Management, Information Technology and Management (accelerated) and Sports, Arts and Entertainment Management
- Bachelor of Science Capstone in Human Resource Management with concentrations in compliance/legal or strategic planning/management
- Bachelor of Science Capstone in Management Services
- Associate in Science degree in Accounting and Business Management
Programs leading to the following degrees are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Dance (NASD, nasd.arts-accredit.org).
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Fine Arts in Dance
- Bachelor of Arts in Dance Pedagogy
Programs leading to the following certifications are accredited by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- Certification in all education programs